5. How to Tie the Pratt Knot
The Pratt Knot, often referred to as the Shelby Knot, gives any dress shirt a fashionable appearance. This knot works effectively with light to medium-weight ties because it is thinner than the Windsor knot. To learn the Pratt Knot, follow a few straightforward steps.
- To begin tying the Pratt knot, raise the shirt collar and drape the tie wrong side up with the wide end hanging on the right side roughly 12 inches lower than the narrow end.
- Cross the wide part of the tie under the narrow part.
- Bring the wide end up and loop it down through the opening at the neck and tighten.
- Cross the wide end to the right with the correct side up.
- Pull it up through the neck opening.
- Bring it down through the knot loop.
- Slide and adjust the knot gently and lower the shirt collar to complete the process.