2. How to Tie a Half Windsor Knot
The Half Windsor knot is incredibly adaptable. The Half Windsor knot is really closer to three-quarters the size of the Windsor knot, despite what its name might imply.
The Half Windsor is a medium-sized, virtually symmetrical knot that, when made properly, creates a considerable and deep dimple. best suited for medium- to light-weight neckties.
- Start again with the wider end longer.
- Cross wide end over narrow end and then back from behind.
- Bring the wide end up and through the loop down.
- Continue crossing wide end in the front to other side.
- Bring it up through the loop around the neck.
- Continue down through the front loop.
- Tighten the knot and adjust.
Tip: The wide end of the knot should have its tip level with the belt buckle after it has been tied. If it’s too long or too short, tie it again and in the first step, reposition the wide and narrow ends.